Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New Blog!

Hello Friends!

I'm so excited to write the first official post on my new blog! And not only because it's always fun to start something new, but because there is a great reason for the new name and address. And here it is....... As of this past weekend I have officially launched my business and I'm calling it shop 1031! I had been mulling over prospective names in my mind for quite a few months and not really coming up with anything that I liked well enough to commit to when I was struck with inspiration. Now anyone who knows me well, knows that I grew up in a faith-filled home and that through the years I have counted on my trust in God to help get me through some rough patches. And although I might not walk around with a purse sized Bible and zealously ask people if they've been saved, I do have quite a few verses that I carry around in my heart that I rely on for guidance and inspiration. While visiting family (Jaime and Wes, I hope you don't mind if I just claim you as family- the whole "boyfriend's sister's husband/daughter/etc" is just too cumbersome!) in South Carolina, I was reminded of one such verse that Wes had chosen for the T-shirts for their flag football team. I Corinthians 10:31 states "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

Back at home in San Antonio I thought about how I wanted to remember to keep God first in my life whether I'm making jewelry, training my puppy or keeping the house neat without choosing a name like "Jesus' Jewelry Company". I also wanted the name to be versatile enough to handle any type of art, craft, or venture I came up with and grow with my work in any direction. So I found a quiet way to remind myself of what's most important and I think shop 1031 is kind of cool in its ambiguity.

So that's the scoop and this is the new space for my little adventures in art, life, and crafting a business from home. I'll be updating with pictures of new jewelry designs and business updates along with my normal ramblings on my little life. I've got to do some work now, but soon I'll let you all know how our first show went this weekend in Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment